- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
Project submissions should include:
- Source code
- Clear project documentation
- Story and high-quality images
- Bonus: A link to your YouTube video
The winner will be selected based on the following criteria:
-Project Documentation (60 points)
Story/Instructions - Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, and/or video
BOM – Detail the hardware components as well as apps you used
Schematics – Use software like Fritzing.org, draw your circuit diagrams, detailed photographs
Code – Include working code with helpful comments
CAD - showcase your complete vision with beautiful CAD designs, powered by Fusion 360
Great photographs, videos, and screenshots are worth a thousand words. Ask yourself: "If I were a beginner reading this project, would I understand how to recreate it?"
Project must clearly address the contest theme
-Creativity (40 points)
Your idea doesn't have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand new idea). By saying this, we encourage you building projects based on others’ projects, explaining how yours is improved compared to its original.
*By submitting, you are agreeing to abide by our contest rules.
- One round-trip flight ticket (economy class) from your city to Shenzhen during Maker Faire Shenzhen and Seeed Conference in November 2018, and lodging accommodation for 4 nights. For team who wins the top prize, we only offer one ticket.
- One Amazon Alexa each (provided by Hackster). For team(s) who wins the 2nd to 5th prize, we offer one Echo to the team(s). (4 are available)
- One Seeed Environmental Kit to each of the additional 10 top projects (one kit each, customs taxes not included. See list for product details). For team(s) who wins in this section, we offer one kit to the team(s). (10 are available)
- Start by creating an account on our contest page(or sign-in if already a member)
- Register for this contest by clicking "Register as a participant"
Step 2: Enter to win the grand prizes by building and submitting your project
- Build your solution.
- Describe your project. Include plenty of details: What is your idea? How is it innovative?
- Bonus points: Create a short YouTube video demonstrating how your project works.
- Upload your project by clicking on "Add my project"
- Submit your project by May 20, 2018 at 6:00 PM PT
April 19, 2018 at 7:00 PM PT
May 19, 2018 at 7:00 PM PT
June 1, 2018
Contest winners will be announced on June 1, 2018. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
Individuals and teams may enter; however, the individuals and teams may not be in full time paid employment by Seeed.
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.