SeeedStudio BeagleBone Green Is Here!
BBG is a new open-source hardware board, a joint effort by BeagleBoard.org and SeeedStudio, two organizations we know and love for years. BBG was designed to make it easier to connect to the large family of Grove sensors, resulting in versatile project creations that are perfect for IoT and prototyping:
- Grove-3-Axis Digital Gyro (I2C)
- Grove-3-Axis Digital Accelerometer (I2C)
- Grove-3-Axis Digital Compass (I2C)
- Grove-IMU 10DOF (I2C)
- Grove-Digital Light (I2C)
- Grove-Temperature& Humidity (I2C)
- Grove-Barometer (I2C)
- Grove-Finger-clip Heart Rate (I2C)
- Grove-GPS UART
- Grove-IR Distance Interrupter (I/O
Awesome prizes and giveaways await. Submit your idea and enter to win 1 of 20 free BBG boards, 1 of 100 coupons with 20% off to the entire SeeedStudio store (where you can buy your BBG and sensor kits) and the top 3 prizes are trips to Maker Faire Shenzhen, gift cards to the Seeed store, and a Designed for Manufacturing review should you want to build a commercial product out of your project. Wow, talk about the full package!
Are you ready to get started? Show us what will YOU IoT!
1. Start: Register your name.
Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign in if you're already a member), and register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant".
2. Pre-Contest: Submit your project idea and enter to win 1 of 100 free 20% off coupon and 1 of 20 free BBGs.
- Click "Submit your idea" and fill in the template. Tell us what IoT project you want to build.
- Share the story and add a high-quality cover image (ideas take only a few minutes to submit).
- We will select the top 20 winners of the free BBG & the top 100 winners for the 20% coupon based on idea originality, quality, and buildability
- Idea submission opens on January 8 and closes on February 22. We will announce the winners on February 27.
3. Contest: Submit a complete project and enter to win a the top prizes: A Shenzhen Maker Fair trip!
- Click "Submit an entry" and fill in the template.
- Describe your design that will inspire others to create IoT tutorials
- Include plenty of details: what are you creating? What does it do? Why is it cool? Give ample of technical information.
- Check out this project on Hackster to get inspired.
- Your final project must consist of the following:
- Quality images;
- Clear instructions;
- BOM and schematics;
- Source code;
- CAD files if you've created an enclosure.
- You must use a BBG to participate.
- Project submission opens February 26 and closes March 31. We will announce the winners on April 2, 2016. (No kidding!)
🎉 Prizes awarded! 🎉
February 26, 2016 at 12:00AM PT
March 31, 2016 at 11:59PM PT
April 1, 2016 at 11:59PM PT