Robots are the helping hand for human. The number of application field of robots are increasing day by day. Some of the application fields are listed below:
- Remote surveillance/monitoring,
- Remote sensing,
- Security patrol,
- As well as so many other use cases.
Building a robot with high quality sensor and actuators are too much costly. But building a prototype from sketch is cost efficient. Low cost robots are helpful for school or college level students as well as the awesome tools for university level students.
In this project, we are presenting an cost efficient robot for sensing the toxic gas level remotely. Determining the toxic gas level is helpful for firefighter, researcher or others. The Donkey Car (robot base) is supplied by ARM. Thanks ARM and Hackster.io for their support.
- Donkey Car
- Seeeduino Cloud
- Gas sensors
- Desktop Computer
Building the Robot
- Donkey Car is complete autonomous robot, just follow their wiki page for build instructions.
- Place the toxic gas sensing device in the middle of the robot. Do not cover the gas sensor.
- The mobile app is used for visualizing the gas density.
- We use Donkey Car web based control interface for driving the car remotely.
- Desktop PC is used for controlling the Donkey Car with the help of Video Feedback.
Circuit Diagram for Gas Sensing Device