This project uses an ultrasonic rangefinder to measure the distance to an object in centimeters and displays it using the 4-digit display. When an object gets within a certain distance from the sensor, the buzzer will alert you that something is in your way. Currently the buzzer will go off when an object is within 90 centimeters of the sensor, but the distance can be changed by modifying the code.
1. Connect the Launchpad to the Grove Base board.
2. Connect the three modules (4-Digit Display, Buzzer, and Ultrasonic Ranger) to the Grove Base board.
1. Open Energia and start a new sketch.
2. Copy and paste the code provided in the Code section of this project into the new sketch.
Setting Up The Sensor:
1. Connect the Launchpad to your computer and click the upload button in Energia to upload the code to your Launchpad.
Your backup sensor should be working now and should display the distance measured by the ultrasonic ranger.
1. You can create an enclosure to contain all of the parts of your new backup sensor.
2. You can make this sensor portable by adding a portable charger to power it.
3. You can change the distance at which the buzzer will go off by changing the distance in line 114 in the code.