Software apps and online services
Hand tools and fabrication machines
Not everyone in the home are young and active, we may have old people or people with physical disability and the control boards for fans, lights may not be handy to them. With the help of bolt iot we can now control multiple home appliances with our smartphone or computer. This system will help them alot to control the electronic appliances with a single touch on their mobile.
SETTING UP HARDWARE
1. connect the BOLT module to smartphone via Bolt Iot android application
2. connect the BOLT module to a wifi network
3. use the jumper wires and connect the 5V of the module and VCC of the relay, GND of the module to GND of the relay. now connect the GPIO 0 pin of the module to any one of the input of the relay.
4. Connect positive terminal of the bulb to an ac supply and other terminal wire of the bulb to the relay as shown below.
5. Now connect the Negative Terminal of AC supply to normally open port
6. Same are the connections for a second appliance also but output of the bolt should be connected to second input of the relay and AC connections are also similar but should be connected to second channel of the relay.
SETTING UP SOFTWARE
7. Now go to cloud.boltiot.com>products>add product.
8. In this page we will configure the hardware connections of the Bolt module to cloud, Firstly name the product and select the right GPIO pin used in the hardware connection(i.e GPIO 0).
9. Now move on to the coding part and name the code with the same as product name for ease and select html for the code type.
10. Now paste the code attached.(code is attached to this post)
11. Now go to devices, under actions click on view this device.
12. Now you will see the page which you have written in the code part.
13. You can control the appliances connected to BOLT by using smartphone or computer.
This system can also be taken to a step further by integrating BOLT IOT module to Google Assistant using third party services like IFTTT applets. This can be done by just Changing the Product which is configured to the wifi module.
1. For this a one time configuration with IFTTT is enough. This works even if another product is configured to the bolt module(only if the hardware connections are unchanged)
2. Visit https://ifttt.com/create and click on "THIS", doing this will create an applet which will in turn create a trigger to follow up our command
3. Now choose google assistant to integrate applet to it
4. Fill in the trigger fields appropriately.
5. After creating a trigger now click on "THAT". doing this will make a web request to turn ON the Lights.
6. Choose webhooks and fill on the action details.
7. For the URL visit https://docs.boltiot.com/docs/write-digital-output-1 these are the digitalWrite commands of the GPIO pins of the module. Change the API key and Device ID.
8. Change the API key and device name accordingly with your bolt module.
9. Create an another applet to turn the Lights OFF.
10. Also create a webhooks service to make a web request to turn the lights OFF
11. You can connect even more than one appliances and control them at once by creating few more applets.