In this project, we take you more advance into IoT by using GSM module to send SMS with ambient temperature whenever user touches the touch sensor. What we use in our previous tutorials, we use all those sensors and output devices, viz., Temperature sensor, touch sensor, LED bar and OLED display. We also use multi-threading to schedule different operations such as measuring ambient temperature and sending SMS in different threads. The sequence of operation is simple and as follows
- Temperature sensor periodically measure the ambient temperature
- The temperature value is displayed on OLED display
- When the user touched the touch sensor for more than 5 seconds, the LED bar goes up full illuminated
- Also SMS send thread is executed and device tries to send the ambient Temperature to specified GSM number
- If SMS is not sent, “SMS not send” message is displayed on the screen
- If SMS is successfully sent, the “SMS send” message is displayed on the screen
Follow this video guide to build one by yourself!