LeAirf is a wearable necklace air quality detector. It is able to detect temperature and many contaminating gases of low concentrations including CO, alcohol, volatiles of cosmetics, acetone etc. Then visualize the information by changing LED color and on mobile phone through Bluetooth. LeAirf is a combination of fashion & design, physical computing, circuit design, and mobile & server development. The shape of LeAirf is laser cut leaf. It recalls the connection of air and nature. The shape of box has the function of balancing ventilation that go through the necklace, which ensures reliable data read form the sensor. LeAirf connects with mobile phone through Bluetooth Low Enegry. Main circuit components include TP401 air quality sensor (grove aq sensor), RFduino and a RGB Led. We designed our own libraries so as to “fake pair” mobile app through BLE as well as calibrate & adjust sensor data. The mobile app is made with PhoneGap. Server is written in Node and data stored
Overview:Sensor Communication Web Mobile TP-401 Gas SensorSemi-conductor RFduino Cordova App SnO2(Tin dioxide)Resistance decrease in fresh clean air.They are used in air quality control equipments for buildings/offices, are suitable for detecting of NH3,NOx, SOx, ,etc.Cost efficient. Arduino+ Bluetooth + Temperature sensor Nodejs + MongoDB to store data PhoneGap Bluetooth sync transfer data
I will only cover physical and mobile parts.
1. Info of RFDuino: = Arduino + Bluetooth module + temperature sensor
Install RFDuino on your computer: https://github.com/RFduino/RFduino/blob/master/REA...
2. 3 ways to build the circuit:
a. Simply connect the sensor to A5 on RFduino.
b. In order to make your own board. Break the sensor !
Follow the Schematic and make something like this:
Note: because there is an amplifier on the original board of sensor, the value you read after break from the original sensor may be different. You need to remap, test and find the range of it. Or use exactly the same modules on the board.
c. Make board !
I bought the surface mount RFDuino in order to make the board:
OK! Finally Code: https://github.com/streamna/networkprojects/blob/m...
- 1>. There is some time when initializing RFduino, which is enough to initialize the air quality sensor as well. So no need to initialize it. I didn't use the air quality sensor library. If you also break down the sensor, you need to change the function int calibration(float aqindex).
- 2>. I read two values : air quality and temperature. I'm lazy, so I combined two together into one number then send out.
- Send Value = AirQuality + Temperature/100.
- 3>. (The better way is not to break down the sensor board actually. )
Install PhoneGap: http://phonegap.com/install/
Add the plugin: https://github.com/don/cordova-plugin-rfduino
It hasn't been finished. But works with basic functions
4. Fabrication and put everything together
Laser cut the shape, 3D print the nail.